`Tapping` and `bugging` is order of the day: BJP
New Delhi: With reports about alleged
phone tapping of CBEC Chairman coming close on the heels of
the `bugging` of the Finance Minister`s office, the BJP on Thursday
turned the heat on the government, saying that "tapping and
bugging" are becoming the order of the day.
"It is obvious that this government is operating under
the shadow of suspicion, doubt and conspiracy," BJP chief
spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said reacting to a newspaper
report which said Chairman of Central Board of Excise and
Customs S Dutt Mojumder`s phone as well as those of his
relatives were tapped.
"It is indeed a sorry state of affairs as it appears
that this government is adrift. The left hand does not know
what the right hand is doing and the BJP has started the
reverse counting of this regime," he said.
Prasad said even as the heat generated over the alleged
bugging of Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee`s office is yet
to die-down, the issue of alleged phone tapping of CBEC
Chairman points out that the government is now "spying" on its
officers and not sparing them too.
On the issue of alleged "bugging" of Finance Minister
Pranab Mukherjee`s office, he said, "It seems the FM did not
have faith on the Home Minister and thus chose to write to
Prime Minister. After ten months his secret letter is made
public in order to defame either the FM or the PM or both as
it indicates that someone seems to be conspiring to defame
"It appears that there may be some vacancy at the top
On reported clarifications given by the government in
this regard terming the phone tapping as "the handiwork of
some rogue elements in the Directorate of Revenue
Intelligence", Prasad said, "It is indeed a sorry state of
affairs in the UPA".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends