Target Sonia, her advisers: VVIP chopper deal middleman told AgustaWestland
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The alleged middleman involved in the VVIP chopper deal, Christian Michel, had reportedly asked his Indian contact to target UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and her close advisers to bag the deal.
The startling revelation was made in a document submitted to the Italian court earlier this month that Michel had asked an AgustaWestland official to “target Sonia Gandhi and her closest advisers."
Michel is said to have asked his contact named Peter Fullet to target Gandhi, Manmohan Singh, Pranab Mukherjee, Veerappa Moily, Oscar Fernandes, MK Narayanan and one Vinay Singh for bagging the deal.
In the document, the middleman has asked his contact to direct the High Commissioner of his native country to target "Sonia Gandhi and her closest advisers", they said.
He also said that Gandhi would not be flying anymore in the Mi-8 choppers and "she was the driving force behind the VIP", without elaborating, according to the sources.
The note has been shared by the Italian authorities with their Indian counterparts.
Another note had emerged earlier which seemed to be a draft budget which suggested that another middleman Guido Haschke had allocated on paper funds to be given to people with initials AP, JS Air and FAM.
India has already scrapped the tender and has sought to levy penalties and damages worth more than Rs 5,200 crore. The IAF is now preparing to prepare its other aircraft to meet the requirements of VVIP flying.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi