Tariq Anwar assumes charge as MoS
New Delhi: The new Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Industries Tariq Anwar has said allied sectors like dairying and animal husbandry play an important role in the growth of agriculture and betterment of farmers.
Anwar, who took charge of his new post on Tuesday, said he would do his best to contribute to policy formulation and implementation not only in mainline agriculture but also the allied sectors such as dairying and animal husbandry.
These sectors have an important role in overall growth of agriculture and well-being and prosperity of farmers, he said in a statement.
Anwar, who hails from Bihar, has been a parliamentarian since 1984 and was part of a number of important parliamentary committees, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY