Tariq Anwar assumes charge as MoS
New Delhi: The new Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Industries Tariq Anwar has said allied sectors like dairying and animal husbandry play an important role in the growth of agriculture and betterment of farmers.
Anwar, who took charge of his new post on Tuesday, said he would do his best to contribute to policy formulation and implementation not only in mainline agriculture but also the allied sectors such as dairying and animal husbandry.
These sectors have an important role in overall growth of agriculture and well-being and prosperity of farmers, he said in a statement.
Anwar, who hails from Bihar, has been a parliamentarian since 1984 and was part of a number of important parliamentary committees, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video