Tariq Anwar echoes Praful Patel`s view on alliance
Patna: Senior NCP leader Tariq Anwar on Saturday trashed reports of party chief Sharad Pawar meeting with Narendra Modi, but said party`s "options are open" for alliance.
"The report (about Pawar and Modi meeting) is absolutely wrong," the NCP general secretary said adding that the question of joining hands with BJP did not arise.
"NCP cannot join hands with BJP which is a communal as well a fascist party...We have ideological difference with BJP," Anwar, who is also union minister of state for Agriculture, said.
Lending credence to comments of another senior NCP leader Praful Patel, Anwar, however, said "options are open" for NCP, an ally of Congress, for reaching other alliance.
"We may join hands with secular forces on our own in other states," he said.
On formation of an alliance in Bihar comprising RJD, Congress, LJP and NCP, Anwar said "a decision has been almost reached. There is some hitch on seat sharing in some constituency which we are hammering out."
Stating that NCP is seeking two seats of Katihar and Ujiyarpur in this coalition, he said "while there is unanimity among all the parties giving Katihar to NCP, but on Ujiyarpur RJD is making a strong claim," Anwar, who is all set to contest from Katihar, said.
NCP is pitching for Ujiyarpur for its Bihar unit President and former Union minister Nagmani`s wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL