Tarn Taran incident: Badal says guilty cops will be sacked
Chandigarh: Two days after a magisterial probe was ordered, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Thursday said the policemen found guilty of thrashing a girl in Tarn Taran will be dismissed from service.
"There is a system, it is wrong to beat a woman (and) this is against the policy of the state government. In the end after the probe, the cops, if found guilty, will be dismissed from service," Badal said here.
A 22-year-old girl and her father were allegedly thrashed by policemen when they sought action against some persons, who teased the girl and passed vulgar comments in full public view.
Terming the incident as unfortunate, Badal assured of "stringent action" against the culprits.
On the issue of proposed changes anti-rape legislation, he said strictest provisions should be made under it.
The government had ordered a magisterial probe into the incident and after preliminary investigations, the government had suspended two policemen for their alleged involvement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP