Tarn Taran incident: Badal says guilty cops will be sacked
Chandigarh: Two days after a magisterial probe was ordered, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Thursday said the policemen found guilty of thrashing a girl in Tarn Taran will be dismissed from service.
"There is a system, it is wrong to beat a woman (and) this is against the policy of the state government. In the end after the probe, the cops, if found guilty, will be dismissed from service," Badal said here.
A 22-year-old girl and her father were allegedly thrashed by policemen when they sought action against some persons, who teased the girl and passed vulgar comments in full public view.
Terming the incident as unfortunate, Badal assured of "stringent action" against the culprits.
On the issue of proposed changes anti-rape legislation, he said strictest provisions should be made under it.
The government had ordered a magisterial probe into the incident and after preliminary investigations, the government had suspended two policemen for their alleged involvement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan