Tarun Gogoi condoles Nelson Mandela`s death
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday condoled the death of anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela.
The great leader has left an indelible imprint on the sands of time leading his country out of apartheid, the Chief Minister said in a statement here today.
``We have lost a gem and a beautiful soul that the world has ever produced. He belongs not only to Africa but the whole world," he said.
The world has lost a colossus, an epitome of humility, equality, justice, peace and the ``great leader will continue to motivate and inspire generations to work for justice and humanity``.
The Chief Minister conveyed his heartfelt sympathy to the members of the bereaved family and prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!