Tarun Gogoi condoles Nelson Mandela`s death
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday condoled the death of anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela.
The great leader has left an indelible imprint on the sands of time leading his country out of apartheid, the Chief Minister said in a statement here today.
``We have lost a gem and a beautiful soul that the world has ever produced. He belongs not only to Africa but the whole world," he said.
The world has lost a colossus, an epitome of humility, equality, justice, peace and the ``great leader will continue to motivate and inspire generations to work for justice and humanity``.
The Chief Minister conveyed his heartfelt sympathy to the members of the bereaved family and prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'