Tarun Gogoi`s bag goes missing from taxi, driver arrested
Allahabad: A bag belonging to Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, who was here for a holy dip in the Sangam, has gone missing from a taxi, following which its driver was arrested.
According to local Congress leader Javed Urfi, Gogoi was taking a nap inside his room at the Circuit House yesterday after a holy dip when his protocol officer Vipul Gogoi went to a shop in the Civil Lines locality to purchase sweets.
Upon emerging from the shop, the protocol officer found that a bag containing about Rs one lakh in cash, some important documents, camera and other valuables belonging to the Assam Chief Minister, was missing from the back seat of the taxi they had hired to travel around the city, Urfi said.
Upon enquiring, the driver of the taxi claimed that he was not aware of any bag being kept on the back seat following which an FIR was lodged at the Civil Lines police station even as the Assam CM and his staff returned by their helicopter late last evening, the Congress leader said.
Meanwhile, the Civil Lines police have said that so far "no clues" have come out from the arrested taxi driver who is being "continuously interrogated".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Haryana govt asks probe officer to stop working on second report into Jat agitation
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets
- Overhaul Indian sports bodies and de-link from Political patronage to overcome Rio fiasco: CPI-M
- Fawad Khan has short yet pivotal role in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil': Karan Johar
- Looks like it takes a lot of men to doll up Sunny Leone- See pic