Tarun Gogoi`s bag goes missing from taxi, driver arrested
Allahabad: A bag belonging to Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, who was here for a holy dip in the Sangam, has gone missing from a taxi, following which its driver was arrested.
According to local Congress leader Javed Urfi, Gogoi was taking a nap inside his room at the Circuit House yesterday after a holy dip when his protocol officer Vipul Gogoi went to a shop in the Civil Lines locality to purchase sweets.
Upon emerging from the shop, the protocol officer found that a bag containing about Rs one lakh in cash, some important documents, camera and other valuables belonging to the Assam Chief Minister, was missing from the back seat of the taxi they had hired to travel around the city, Urfi said.
Upon enquiring, the driver of the taxi claimed that he was not aware of any bag being kept on the back seat following which an FIR was lodged at the Civil Lines police station even as the Assam CM and his staff returned by their helicopter late last evening, the Congress leader said.
Meanwhile, the Civil Lines police have said that so far "no clues" have come out from the arrested taxi driver who is being "continuously interrogated".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!