Tata-Muri Exp derails near Jalandhar, no causalities
Jalandhar: Five bogies of an Amritsar-bound
passenger train were derailed near Jalandhar railway station
here Tuesday, railway police sources said.
Five coaches, including an AC bogie, of Amritsar-bound
Tata-Muri Express derailed this afternoon, they said.
"The incident occurred before the train entered the
platform. No casualties have been reported so far since the
train was running at a low speed," they said.
They attributed the ongoing work on the railway tracks to
be one of the reasons behind the mishap.
Meanwhile, railway officials have reached the spot and an
inquiry has been ordered into the incident, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?