Tata-Muri Exp derails near Jalandhar, no causalities
Jalandhar: Five bogies of an Amritsar-bound
passenger train were derailed near Jalandhar railway station
here Tuesday, railway police sources said.
Five coaches, including an AC bogie, of Amritsar-bound
Tata-Muri Express derailed this afternoon, they said.
"The incident occurred before the train entered the
platform. No casualties have been reported so far since the
train was running at a low speed," they said.
They attributed the ongoing work on the railway tracks to
be one of the reasons behind the mishap.
Meanwhile, railway officials have reached the spot and an
inquiry has been ordered into the incident, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed