Tata-Muri Exp derails near Jalandhar, no causalities
Jalandhar: Five bogies of an Amritsar-bound
passenger train were derailed near Jalandhar railway station
here Tuesday, railway police sources said.
Five coaches, including an AC bogie, of Amritsar-bound
Tata-Muri Express derailed this afternoon, they said.
"The incident occurred before the train entered the
platform. No casualties have been reported so far since the
train was running at a low speed," they said.
They attributed the ongoing work on the railway tracks to
be one of the reasons behind the mishap.
Meanwhile, railway officials have reached the spot and an
inquiry has been ordered into the incident, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof