Tata-Muri Exp derails near Jalandhar, no causalities
Jalandhar: Five bogies of an Amritsar-bound
passenger train were derailed near Jalandhar railway station
here Tuesday, railway police sources said.
Five coaches, including an AC bogie, of Amritsar-bound
Tata-Muri Express derailed this afternoon, they said.
"The incident occurred before the train entered the
platform. No casualties have been reported so far since the
train was running at a low speed," they said.
They attributed the ongoing work on the railway tracks to
be one of the reasons behind the mishap.
Meanwhile, railway officials have reached the spot and an
inquiry has been ordered into the incident, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred