Tatra case: CBI files chargesheet against Lt Gen Tejinder Singh
New Delhi: The CBI on Tuesday filed a chargesheet against retired Army officer Lt Gen Tejinder Singh for alleged irregularities in the import of heavy-duty Tatra trucks for the Indian Army.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) filed the chargesheet before the Patiala House court here in the alleged offer of bribe on behalf of Vectra group owner Ravi Rishi.
In March 2012, former Army chief Gen VK Singh had alleged that Lt Gen Tejinder Singh had offered him Rs 14 crore for clearing a tranche of "sub-standard" Tatra trucks for the Army.
He alleged that Lt Gen Tejinder Singh met him Sep 22, 2010, and offered him the money on behalf of Ravi Rishi.
The CBI filed a case against Lt Gen Tejinder Singh in October 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued