Tatra case: CBI files chargesheet against Lt Gen Tejinder Singh
New Delhi: The CBI on Tuesday filed a chargesheet against retired Army officer Lt Gen Tejinder Singh for alleged irregularities in the import of heavy-duty Tatra trucks for the Indian Army.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) filed the chargesheet before the Patiala House court here in the alleged offer of bribe on behalf of Vectra group owner Ravi Rishi.
In March 2012, former Army chief Gen VK Singh had alleged that Lt Gen Tejinder Singh had offered him Rs 14 crore for clearing a tranche of "sub-standard" Tatra trucks for the Army.
He alleged that Lt Gen Tejinder Singh met him Sep 22, 2010, and offered him the money on behalf of Ravi Rishi.
The CBI filed a case against Lt Gen Tejinder Singh in October 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj