Tatra deal probe: CBI grills Vectra chief Ravi Rishi
New Delhi: CBI on Monday questioned Vectra
Chairman Ravinder Rishi in connection with alleged
irregularities in supply of Tatra all-terrain trucks to the
Army, a day after issuing a look-out notice against him.
57-year-old British national Rishi, named as an accused
in CBI`s FIR in alleged irregularities in purchase of the
Tatra trucks, was questioned for the second time at the CBI
They said Rishi, chairman of Vectra group, was asked
about ownership pattern of Tatra-Sipox UK and Vectra group and
reasons for changing the payment currency from US Dollar to
Euro for supplying the trucks to the Army through the BEML.
CBI has registered a case naming Rishi and unnamed
officials of Defence Ministry, Army and BEML on March 30 for
alleged criminal conspiracy, cheating and relevant sections of
Prevention of Corruption Act.
CBI is probing alleged irregularities in assigning of
supply from Czechoslovakia-based Tatra, with which the
agreement was originally signed in 1986, to the Tatra-Sipox UK
owned by Rishi in 1997 showing it as Original Equipment
Manufacturer and the fully-owned subsidiary of Czech company,
A CBI spokesperson had said this was against the
provisions of Defence Procurement Procedure for supplying the
vehicles to Indian Army on the basis of the orders placed by
the Ministry of Defence.
"It is further alleged that in this manner, vehicles
worth thousands of crores of rupees have been supplied to the
Indian Army. In continuation of the aforesaid conspiracy to
cause undue benefit to the UK-based company, the unknown
officials of the Defence PSU allowed change of currency from
US Dollar to Euro and further by not levying the Liquidated
damages, thereby causing further loss of Rs 13.27 crores," the
CBI spokesperon had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report