Tatra scam second biggest after Bofors: BJP
Kolkata: BJP on Saturday said the Tatra scam was
the second biggest after the Bofors scam and demanded
immediate resignation of Defence Minister AK Antony for
allegedly patronising corruption.
"This (Tatra) is the second biggest scam after the Bofors
scam and it has exposed that weapons of our soldiers are not
up to the standard," BJP national spokesperson Prakash
Javdekar told a press conference here.
Javedkar alleged that the defence minister was in the
know of things and Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad had in
2009 made a communication to Antony about the scam and alerted
"But the defence minister did not act in the last 30
months," he said, demanding immediate resignation of Antony
"who has lost moral right to continue as defence minister."
Javdekar said he was not satisfied with the statement of
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee that there was no rift
between the defence minister and Army Chief Gen VK Singh.
"They are trying to hide facts."
The BJP leader criticised the Centre, particularly Antony,
for "sitting on the issue for 30 months even as he knew all
the facts and crying hoarse about absence of a written
Javdekar, who raised the issue in the Rajya Sabha
yesterday, demanded a clear statement from the government
about the action it had taken so far on the "highly vital"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you