Tatra scam second biggest after Bofors: BJP
Kolkata: BJP on Saturday said the Tatra scam was
the second biggest after the Bofors scam and demanded
immediate resignation of Defence Minister AK Antony for
allegedly patronising corruption.
"This (Tatra) is the second biggest scam after the Bofors
scam and it has exposed that weapons of our soldiers are not
up to the standard," BJP national spokesperson Prakash
Javdekar told a press conference here.
Javedkar alleged that the defence minister was in the
know of things and Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad had in
2009 made a communication to Antony about the scam and alerted
"But the defence minister did not act in the last 30
months," he said, demanding immediate resignation of Antony
"who has lost moral right to continue as defence minister."
Javdekar said he was not satisfied with the statement of
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee that there was no rift
between the defence minister and Army Chief Gen VK Singh.
"They are trying to hide facts."
The BJP leader criticised the Centre, particularly Antony,
for "sitting on the issue for 30 months even as he knew all
the facts and crying hoarse about absence of a written
Javdekar, who raised the issue in the Rajya Sabha
yesterday, demanded a clear statement from the government
about the action it had taken so far on the "highly vital"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why