Tatra trucks’ performance outstanding: DRDO chief
New Delhi: Contradicting Army Chief Gen VK
Singh, DRDO chief VK Saraswat on Saturday said Tatra trucks were
"outstanding" and there was nothing substandard about the
vehicles used as base for launching all important missiles
like Prithvi and Agni.
"Tatra truck is an outstanding truck... They have a very
good cross country capability and can move at good speeds,"
Saraswat said at a press conference at Defence Expo here.
He was responding when asked about the performance of
Tatra trucks in view of the Army Chief`s contention that these
vehicles were substandard.
Noting that the launchers of all important missiles like
the Prithvi and Agni are based on these trucks, the DRDO chief
said the performance of these vehicles "has been good in armed
forces and we have no complaints about it."
Saraswat said "we will have more of them" if there was
any further requirement of these trucks. However, if the
government gives direction against using them, the premier
research organization will stop doing so.
Asked to comment on the perceived tussle between Defence
Minister A K Antony and the Army Chief, he said both were good
people and should handle their differences, if any, with more
"The harmony within the Defence Ministry with respect to
our functioning and image is very important. I give my advise
on technical issues but as a citizen of this country, I would
say that I have known both the Defence Minister and the Army
Chief and both of them are very good people.
"If they have any differences, they should be handled with
most cautious approach," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared