TC issues whip to MPs to attend Parliament
New Delhi: With Government planning to clear the financial bills in the next two days, Trinamool Congress on Wednesday said it has issued a whip to all its MPs to remain present in the House.
Party leader Sudip Bandopadhyay told reporters here that the whip has been issued as a "safety measure" keeping in mind the move to get the financial bills cleared.
Trinamool Congress is a key ally of the UPA and has 19 MPs in the Lok Sabha and three in Rajya Sabha.
UPA sources had said on Tuesday that Congress and its allies have given three-line whips to their members to be present in Lok Sabha on Wednesday when the financial matters come up for discussion and to vote in their favour.
The supplementary demands for grants (general) 2010-11 as also demands for excess grants (general) 2008-09 along with relevant appropriation bills are listed for Wednesday in the Lok Sabha.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata