TCS to build toilets in 10,000 girls schools
Mumbai: Heeding Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s call for a "Clean India" campaign, the Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) on Monday pledged to construct toilets in 10,000 girls schools in the country, an official said here.
The TCS has set aside a Rs 100-crore budget for the initiative aimed at providing hygienic sanitation facilities to girl students, said N. Chandrasekaran, the company`s CEO and managing director.
The investment in school sanitation will help children, especially girl students, to participate in school education for a longer period of time and play a larger economic role in their communities.
"TCS is proud to support the prime minister`s `Clean India` initiative. We believe that achieving the mission of providing hygienic sanitation for girl students will have a tangible impact on the level of education achievement and development of India`s next generation," Chandrasekaran said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference