TDP chief: UP result a slap for Congress
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday congratulated Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on his party`s resounding victory in the Uttar Pradesh assembly election.
The former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister called Mulayam and hailed the SP`s victory, TDP sources said.
"The UP election results are a slap on the face of Congress. By voting SP back to power, people have rejected the corrupt rulers," Chandrababu was quoted as saying, taking a dig at both Congress and incumbent BSP.
Congress`s poor show in other states too was a clear indication that people of the country were vexed with it, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference