TDP chief: UP result a slap for Congress
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday congratulated Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on his party`s resounding victory in the Uttar Pradesh assembly election.
The former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister called Mulayam and hailed the SP`s victory, TDP sources said.
"The UP election results are a slap on the face of Congress. By voting SP back to power, people have rejected the corrupt rulers," Chandrababu was quoted as saying, taking a dig at both Congress and incumbent BSP.
Congress`s poor show in other states too was a clear indication that people of the country were vexed with it, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan