TDP members write to LS Speaker seeking action aga
New Delhi: The clash between Congress and TDP in the Lok Sabha on Monday is unlikely to subside with one of the suspended TDP members writing to Speaker Meira Kumar against four Congress members, including Sandip Dikshit, accusing them of threatening them.
N Siva Prasad has in a letter to the Speaker named S Rajaiah, Ponnam Prabhakar and Madhu Yakshi Goud, all three Congress members from Telangana and Dikshit, accusing them of using un-parliamentary language against the agitating TDP MPs and threatening them.
Party parliamentary party leader Nama Nageshwar Rao has also written to the Speaker seeking "severe action" against the Congress members "to avoid repetition of similar behaviour" by any member.
Dikshit has already accused the TDP members of threatening him and his party colleagues.
When they told TDP members to come out of the House and talk, instead of causing disruptions, "they were using abusive language in Telugu language," and threatened the Congress members, Dikshit said.
Rao said he will move a privilege notice against Dikshit tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!