TDP members write to LS Speaker seeking action aga
New Delhi: The clash between Congress and TDP in the Lok Sabha on Monday is unlikely to subside with one of the suspended TDP members writing to Speaker Meira Kumar against four Congress members, including Sandip Dikshit, accusing them of threatening them.
N Siva Prasad has in a letter to the Speaker named S Rajaiah, Ponnam Prabhakar and Madhu Yakshi Goud, all three Congress members from Telangana and Dikshit, accusing them of using un-parliamentary language against the agitating TDP MPs and threatening them.
Party parliamentary party leader Nama Nageshwar Rao has also written to the Speaker seeking "severe action" against the Congress members "to avoid repetition of similar behaviour" by any member.
Dikshit has already accused the TDP members of threatening him and his party colleagues.
When they told TDP members to come out of the House and talk, instead of causing disruptions, "they were using abusive language in Telugu language," and threatened the Congress members, Dikshit said.
Rao said he will move a privilege notice against Dikshit tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi