TDP MP denies carrying knife inside Lok Sabha
New Delhi: TDP MP Venugopal Reddy, who was involved in a fracas over Telangana Bill in the Lok Sabha on Thursday, termed as a "lie" the allegation that he was carrying a knife inside the House and claimed that he was assaulted by 10 members.
"I was not carrying a knife inside the House. This is a lie being spread by the Government. I was holding a mike which may have looked like a knife," Reddy told reporters outside Parliament.
The TDP MP said, "this is a black day in the history of Parliament. I was opposing the introduction of the Telangana bill in the House when these things happened."
"They wanted to forcibly introduce the Bill.... Meanwhile I pulled the mike in front of the secretary general. It was the only instrument I had in my hand. I have been falsely implicated by Sushilkumar Shinde, Kamal Nath," he said.
Reddy alleged that 10 MPs had beaten him up as "they want to kill me politically and physically. The Congress MPs became marshals today".
He alleged that the MPs who attacked him in the House included Raj Babbar, Poonam Prabhakar Rao, Manik Sarkar, Anjan Kumar Yadav, Vijay Shanti and Nama Nageshwar Rao.
Reddy along with other TDP members was also seen shouting slogans against Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh while he was leaving Parliament House complex after the developments in Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre