TDP MPs protest move to create Telangana state
New Delhi: Suspended Telegu Desam Party MPs on Monday launched an indefinite dharna in Parliament complex to protest against bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
"We are against the division of Andhra Pradesh and we want unified Andhra," said Venugopal Reddy, suspended TDP MP, who along with K Narayana and Krishna Rao is sitting on an indefinite dharna in front of Mahatma Gandhi`s statue in the complex.
The suspended MPs carried placards which read "Justice for Andhra".
Four TDP MPs and seven Congress MPs were suspended last week from Lok Sabha for disrupting the House over the issue.
"We would continue our struggle at any cost for keeping the state united, Reddy said.
The fourth suspended TDP MP Shiva Prasad was, however, not present at the dharna site.
Asked about Prasad`s absence, Reddy said, "He is not well."
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections: Did DMK use Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser to target AIADMK, Jayalalithaa over Chennai floods?
- Asthma attack without an inhaler: First aid tips – Watch!
- Murtaza Ahmedi: 5-year-old Lionel Messi fan's family forced to leave Afghanistan after threat calls
- SEAL death shows growing risks US troops face in Iraq, Syria
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma go 'Tamatar' hunting on 'Sultan' sets—Watch videos!