TDP MPs protest move to create Telangana state
New Delhi: Suspended Telegu Desam Party MPs on Monday launched an indefinite dharna in Parliament complex to protest against bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
"We are against the division of Andhra Pradesh and we want unified Andhra," said Venugopal Reddy, suspended TDP MP, who along with K Narayana and Krishna Rao is sitting on an indefinite dharna in front of Mahatma Gandhi`s statue in the complex.
The suspended MPs carried placards which read "Justice for Andhra".
Four TDP MPs and seven Congress MPs were suspended last week from Lok Sabha for disrupting the House over the issue.
"We would continue our struggle at any cost for keeping the state united, Reddy said.
The fourth suspended TDP MP Shiva Prasad was, however, not present at the dharna site.
Asked about Prasad`s absence, Reddy said, "He is not well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users