TDP MPs protest move to create Telangana state
New Delhi: Suspended Telegu Desam Party MPs on Monday launched an indefinite dharna in Parliament complex to protest against bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
"We are against the division of Andhra Pradesh and we want unified Andhra," said Venugopal Reddy, suspended TDP MP, who along with K Narayana and Krishna Rao is sitting on an indefinite dharna in front of Mahatma Gandhi`s statue in the complex.
The suspended MPs carried placards which read "Justice for Andhra".
Four TDP MPs and seven Congress MPs were suspended last week from Lok Sabha for disrupting the House over the issue.
"We would continue our struggle at any cost for keeping the state united, Reddy said.
The fourth suspended TDP MP Shiva Prasad was, however, not present at the dharna site.
Asked about Prasad`s absence, Reddy said, "He is not well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption