TDP MPs protest move to create Telangana state
New Delhi: Suspended Telegu Desam Party MPs on Monday launched an indefinite dharna in Parliament complex to protest against bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
"We are against the division of Andhra Pradesh and we want unified Andhra," said Venugopal Reddy, suspended TDP MP, who along with K Narayana and Krishna Rao is sitting on an indefinite dharna in front of Mahatma Gandhi`s statue in the complex.
The suspended MPs carried placards which read "Justice for Andhra".
Four TDP MPs and seven Congress MPs were suspended last week from Lok Sabha for disrupting the House over the issue.
"We would continue our struggle at any cost for keeping the state united, Reddy said.
The fourth suspended TDP MP Shiva Prasad was, however, not present at the dharna site.
Asked about Prasad`s absence, Reddy said, "He is not well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Low job satisfaction can hamper your mental health
- Bold scenes of only big stars are praised, feels Zareen Khan
- Priyanka, Aziz making tectonic shifts in business: Poorna Jagannathan
- On Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu's feats: Hats off to women for saving our respect in front of whole world, says Pullela Gopichand
- WATCH: Usain Bolt attempted javelin throw at Rio 2016 - His effort will shock you!