TDP MPs protest move to create Telangana state
New Delhi: Suspended Telegu Desam Party MPs on Monday launched an indefinite dharna in Parliament complex to protest against bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
"We are against the division of Andhra Pradesh and we want unified Andhra," said Venugopal Reddy, suspended TDP MP, who along with K Narayana and Krishna Rao is sitting on an indefinite dharna in front of Mahatma Gandhi`s statue in the complex.
The suspended MPs carried placards which read "Justice for Andhra".
Four TDP MPs and seven Congress MPs were suspended last week from Lok Sabha for disrupting the House over the issue.
"We would continue our struggle at any cost for keeping the state united, Reddy said.
The fourth suspended TDP MP Shiva Prasad was, however, not present at the dharna site.
Asked about Prasad`s absence, Reddy said, "He is not well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- VIDEO: Sushil calls Narsingh's doping row 'unfortunate', wants fellow wrestlers to win medals at Rio
- Pained by death of his buddy 'Tiger', 26/11 canine hero Caesar goes into depression
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue