TDP MPs use music to protest against Telangana
New Delhi: Singing Telugu songs and playing musical instruments, four TDP MPs, who have been suspended from the Lok Sabha for disrupting proceedings on the Telangana issue, on Wednesday staged dharna at the main gate of Parliament to protest the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
"We cannot enter the House. So we decided to continue our protest against bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh outside Parliament," said TDP MP Venugopal Reddy, who along with N Kristappa, KN Rao and N Sivaprasad staged the dharna.
Holding placards that read "save Andhra" and "respect member not number", the TDP MPs sang Telugu songs and played musical instruments at the main gate of Parliament.
The four TDP MPs and five Congress members from Andhra Pradesh were suspended from the House on September 2 for the rest of the Monsoon session which concludes on Friday for creating ruckus over creation of separate Telangana state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future