TDP MPs use music to protest against Telangana
Delhi: Singing Telugu songs and playing musical instruments, four TDP MPs, who have been suspended from Lok Sabha for disrupting proceedings on the Telangana issue, Wednesday, staged dharna at the main gate of Parliament to protest the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
"We cannot enter the House. So we decided to continue our protest against bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh outside Parliament," said TDP MP Venugopal Reddy, who along with N Kristappa, KN Rao and N Sivaprasad staged the dharna.
Holding placards that read "save Andhra" and "respect member not number", the TDP MPs sang Telugu songs and played musical instruments at the main gate of Parliament.
The four TDP MPs and five Congress members from Andhra Pradesh were suspended from the House on September 2 for the rest of the Monsoon session which concludes on Friday for creating ruckus over creation of separate Telangana state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth