TDP MPs use music to protest against Telangana
Delhi: Singing Telugu songs and playing musical instruments, four TDP MPs, who have been suspended from Lok Sabha for disrupting proceedings on the Telangana issue, Wednesday, staged dharna at the main gate of Parliament to protest the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
"We cannot enter the House. So we decided to continue our protest against bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh outside Parliament," said TDP MP Venugopal Reddy, who along with N Kristappa, KN Rao and N Sivaprasad staged the dharna.
Holding placards that read "save Andhra" and "respect member not number", the TDP MPs sang Telugu songs and played musical instruments at the main gate of Parliament.
The four TDP MPs and five Congress members from Andhra Pradesh were suspended from the House on September 2 for the rest of the Monsoon session which concludes on Friday for creating ruckus over creation of separate Telangana state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!