TDP MPs use music to protest against Telangana
Delhi: Singing Telugu songs and playing musical instruments, four TDP MPs, who have been suspended from Lok Sabha for disrupting proceedings on the Telangana issue, Wednesday, staged dharna at the main gate of Parliament to protest the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
"We cannot enter the House. So we decided to continue our protest against bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh outside Parliament," said TDP MP Venugopal Reddy, who along with N Kristappa, KN Rao and N Sivaprasad staged the dharna.
Holding placards that read "save Andhra" and "respect member not number", the TDP MPs sang Telugu songs and played musical instruments at the main gate of Parliament.
The four TDP MPs and five Congress members from Andhra Pradesh were suspended from the House on September 2 for the rest of the Monsoon session which concludes on Friday for creating ruckus over creation of separate Telangana state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi