TDP to abstain from voting in Presidential poll
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party has decided to abstain from voting in the July 19 Presidential election, a statement from party president N Chandrababu Naidu said Tuesday night.
"The TDP has been fighting the anti-people policies of the Congress for three decades now. Extending support to Congress nominee Pranab Mukherjee is not acceptable," Naidu said.
Similarly, supporting the candidature of NDA`s P A Sangma, backed by the "communal" BJP, would also be inappropriate.
"After lengthy deliberations on this in the party, we have decided to stay away from voting in the Presidential election," the former chief minister said.
The TDP has six MPs in Lok Sabha and five in Rajya Sabha.
It has 86 MLAs in AP but two of them have been siding with Kadapa MP and YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.
- Amazing! School of fish drinks milk from bottle like human babies – Watch
- Delhi wants permanent Odd-Even, finds survey
- Now, BSF installs laser walls on Indo-Pak border to check infiltration: Reports
- Notice being served on those named in Panama Papers: Arun Jaitley
- CBI begins probe into Harish Rawat sting CD case