TDP to oppose Civil Nuke Bill if changes not reconsidered
New Delhi: Telugu Desam Party today said
it would oppose the Civil Nuclear Liability Bill unless the
government reconsiders relevant amendments that were included
in the legislation.
Party chief N Chandrababu Naidu said TDP is with Left
parties on the issue and it will "fight it out" if the
government does not consider making the changes as demanded by
"From the beginning, we are very clear. We were
opposed to the nuclear bill. Now, the government has ignored
the Standing Committee`s recommendations. It should make the
relevant changes, otherwise we would continue to oppose the
bill," he told reporters here.
Naidu said the party, like others, has objections to
the word `intent` which would protect foreign suppliers of
He said the party would make its stand clear tomorrow
when the bill is expected to be tabled in Parliament.
"We will announce our decision tomorrow in Parliament.
We are with Left parties on the issue," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?