TDP to oppose Civil Nuke Bill if changes not reconsidered
New Delhi: Telugu Desam Party today said
it would oppose the Civil Nuclear Liability Bill unless the
government reconsiders relevant amendments that were included
in the legislation.
Party chief N Chandrababu Naidu said TDP is with Left
parties on the issue and it will "fight it out" if the
government does not consider making the changes as demanded by
"From the beginning, we are very clear. We were
opposed to the nuclear bill. Now, the government has ignored
the Standing Committee`s recommendations. It should make the
relevant changes, otherwise we would continue to oppose the
bill," he told reporters here.
Naidu said the party, like others, has objections to
the word `intent` which would protect foreign suppliers of
He said the party would make its stand clear tomorrow
when the bill is expected to be tabled in Parliament.
"We will announce our decision tomorrow in Parliament.
We are with Left parties on the issue," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city