TDP to oppose Civil Nuke Bill if changes not reconsidered
New Delhi: Telugu Desam Party today said
it would oppose the Civil Nuclear Liability Bill unless the
government reconsiders relevant amendments that were included
in the legislation.
Party chief N Chandrababu Naidu said TDP is with Left
parties on the issue and it will "fight it out" if the
government does not consider making the changes as demanded by
"From the beginning, we are very clear. We were
opposed to the nuclear bill. Now, the government has ignored
the Standing Committee`s recommendations. It should make the
relevant changes, otherwise we would continue to oppose the
bill," he told reporters here.
Naidu said the party, like others, has objections to
the word `intent` which would protect foreign suppliers of
He said the party would make its stand clear tomorrow
when the bill is expected to be tabled in Parliament.
"We will announce our decision tomorrow in Parliament.
We are with Left parties on the issue," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad