TDP willing to join Federal Front: Naidu
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) is ready to join the Federal Front proposed by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, party chief N. Chandrababu Naidu indicated to reporters Thursday.
Naidu, a former Andhra Pradesh chief minister, told reporters that he was in touch with leaders of various regional parties over the formation of the proposed front, and the TDP was always ready to work with non-United Progressive Alliance and non-National Democratic Alliance parties.
He said the Congress party and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the two alliances headed by them were weakening day by day.
"The regional parties are gaining in strength, and they will form the next government at the centre," Naidu, who was convenor of the United Front which formed governments at the centre in 1996 and 1998, said.
Mamata Banerjee, leader of the Tirnamool Congress, Wednesday said she spoke to Bihar Chief Minister and leader of Janta Dal-United Nitish Kumar and Odisha Chief Minister and leader of Biju Janta Dal Naveen Patnaik on the proposed front.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Coal India Limited's 66 coal mine projects facing delays
- Tax dept asks officers to suggest changes in direct tax laws
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony