TDP willing to join Federal Front: Naidu
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) is ready to join the Federal Front proposed by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, party chief N. Chandrababu Naidu indicated to reporters Thursday.
Naidu, a former Andhra Pradesh chief minister, told reporters that he was in touch with leaders of various regional parties over the formation of the proposed front, and the TDP was always ready to work with non-United Progressive Alliance and non-National Democratic Alliance parties.
He said the Congress party and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the two alliances headed by them were weakening day by day.
"The regional parties are gaining in strength, and they will form the next government at the centre," Naidu, who was convenor of the United Front which formed governments at the centre in 1996 and 1998, said.
Mamata Banerjee, leader of the Tirnamool Congress, Wednesday said she spoke to Bihar Chief Minister and leader of Janta Dal-United Nitish Kumar and Odisha Chief Minister and leader of Biju Janta Dal Naveen Patnaik on the proposed front.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing