TDP willing to join Federal Front: Naidu
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) is ready to join the Federal Front proposed by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, party chief N. Chandrababu Naidu indicated to reporters Thursday.
Naidu, a former Andhra Pradesh chief minister, told reporters that he was in touch with leaders of various regional parties over the formation of the proposed front, and the TDP was always ready to work with non-United Progressive Alliance and non-National Democratic Alliance parties.
He said the Congress party and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the two alliances headed by them were weakening day by day.
"The regional parties are gaining in strength, and they will form the next government at the centre," Naidu, who was convenor of the United Front which formed governments at the centre in 1996 and 1998, said.
Mamata Banerjee, leader of the Tirnamool Congress, Wednesday said she spoke to Bihar Chief Minister and leader of Janta Dal-United Nitish Kumar and Odisha Chief Minister and leader of Biju Janta Dal Naveen Patnaik on the proposed front.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth
- Flood threat: Water level on rise in various rivers in Bihar; Kosi, Bagmati flow above danger mark
- Our plan was to bowl maiden overs against West Indies, says Umesh Yadav
- India bowled with a lot of discipline, says Kraigg Brathwaite
- Time's up for VHS! Last company making VCRs to stop its production this month