Teachers are true nation builders: Manmohan Singh
New Delhi: The Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, on Wednesday greeted the teachers on the occasion of Teachers Day, saying they are the true nation builders.
"A teacher or a ``Guru`` is revered in our society for mentoring our children, building their character and preparing them to face larger challenges of life," he said.
Dr. Singh also remembered former President of India Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan on the occasion.
"On Teachers`` Day, we remember and honour one of our greatest leaders and teachers, Dr. S. Radhakrishnan. His work, dedication and wisdom continue to inspire generation after generation," he added.
In India, Teachers`` Day is celebrated on the 5th of September every year, as it is the birth anniversary of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, a teacher and academic philosopher.
Teachers`` Day is considered to be a ``celebration`` day, where teachers and students report to school as usual but the usual activities and classes are replaced by activities of celebration, thanks and remembrance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!