Team Anna asks retired judges to probe charges
New Delhi: Plauged by controversies, Team
Anna is approaching retired judges requesting them to become
part of a committee to be set up by the civil society group to
probe allegations against its key members.
Prominent Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan has been
entrusted with the task of approaching retired judges and
seeking their consent for being on the panel which is to be
formed within a fortnight.
"This was decided by Anna himself. We will set up the
committee within 15 days. I will be talking to retired
judges," Bhushan said.
This committee will go into allegations levelled against
prominent Team members like Kiran Bedi, Arvind Kejriwal and
The decision to conduct a probe by retired judges was
taken at a meeting attended by Hazare, Bhushan, Kejriwal,
Kiran Bedi and others at Ralegan Siddhi last month.
Bedi was in the eye of a controversy after it came to
light that she overcharged her hosts by inflating travel bills
while Kejriwal was accused of diverting donations for Hazare
agitation to a trust run by him.
Hazare himself defended both his aides saying it was
decided earlier itself that donations will be deposited in the
account of the trust. He also said people throw stones at
trees which bear fruits.
As controversy rocked Team Anna, Hazare also decided to
write a Constitution for the anti-corruption movement led by
him and reconstitute his Core team after that.
He had admitted that as controversies he had thought of
changing his team many times as he heard about the allegations
again and again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach