Team Anna calls for public support for July 25 indefinite fast
Faridabad: Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal on Friday appealed to public to support its indefinite fast at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi from July 25 against the UPA government on the issue of corruption.
"I appeal to all of you to gather in large number at Jantar Mantar to support our fight against corruption," Kejriwal said at a public meeting by Team Anna to drum up support for its indefinite fast.
He said, "The prevailing resentment among public against corruption will become hard to deal with for the government in times to come."
He alleged that the government is afraid of bringing in the strong Jan Lokpal Bill (Citizen`s ombudsman Bill) as 15 of its 34 ministers are facing corruption charges.
Team Anna had announced the indefinite protest against the UPA government and its failure to enact a strong Lokpal as well as not setting up a Special Investigation Team to probe corruption charges against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his 14 Cabinet colleagues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31