Team Anna can change face of Parliament: Maneka
Badaun: BJP MP Maneka Gandhi on Saturday took out a leaf from Ramayana to support Team Anna`s entry into electoral politics, saying a confident Ravana had dismissed Lord Rama`s Army as "monkeys and bears" but ended up vanquished.
"When Rama was approaching Lanka, Ravana has asked his men to let him in, saying monkeys and bears could not do anything to him but what happened later was known to all. Same is the case with Congress," Maneka said.
She expressed her displeasure over the hype being created by the Team Anna`s decision.
"Why is there hue and cry over Team Anna`s decision to enter politics...People with clean image should be encouraged to join politics. When such people come in politics, those with bad image could be ousted from it," she said while talking to reporters here.
"The mere indication of Team Anna`s entry has generated a lot of hue and cry as if they have raped," she said.
The MP hoped that those associated with Anna Hazare could change of the face of Parliament.
"In Team Anna, educated and well to do persons are associated and if 150 such people got elected, the face of Parliament would be worth seeing," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs