Team Anna can change face of Parliament: Maneka
Badaun: BJP MP Maneka Gandhi on Saturday took out a leaf from Ramayana to support Team Anna`s entry into electoral politics, saying a confident Ravana had dismissed Lord Rama`s Army as "monkeys and bears" but ended up vanquished.
"When Rama was approaching Lanka, Ravana has asked his men to let him in, saying monkeys and bears could not do anything to him but what happened later was known to all. Same is the case with Congress," Maneka said.
She expressed her displeasure over the hype being created by the Team Anna`s decision.
"Why is there hue and cry over Team Anna`s decision to enter politics...People with clean image should be encouraged to join politics. When such people come in politics, those with bad image could be ousted from it," she said while talking to reporters here.
"The mere indication of Team Anna`s entry has generated a lot of hue and cry as if they have raped," she said.
The MP hoped that those associated with Anna Hazare could change of the face of Parliament.
"In Team Anna, educated and well to do persons are associated and if 150 such people got elected, the face of Parliament would be worth seeing," she said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India