Team Anna can change face of Parliament: Maneka
Badaun: BJP MP Maneka Gandhi on Saturday took out a leaf from Ramayana to support Team Anna`s entry into electoral politics, saying a confident Ravana had dismissed Lord Rama`s Army as "monkeys and bears" but ended up vanquished.
"When Rama was approaching Lanka, Ravana has asked his men to let him in, saying monkeys and bears could not do anything to him but what happened later was known to all. Same is the case with Congress," Maneka said.
She expressed her displeasure over the hype being created by the Team Anna`s decision.
"Why is there hue and cry over Team Anna`s decision to enter politics...People with clean image should be encouraged to join politics. When such people come in politics, those with bad image could be ousted from it," she said while talking to reporters here.
"The mere indication of Team Anna`s entry has generated a lot of hue and cry as if they have raped," she said.
The MP hoped that those associated with Anna Hazare could change of the face of Parliament.
"In Team Anna, educated and well to do persons are associated and if 150 such people got elected, the face of Parliament would be worth seeing," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them