Team Anna can change face of Parliament: Maneka
Badaun: BJP MP Maneka Gandhi on Saturday took out a leaf from Ramayana to support Team Anna`s entry into electoral politics, saying a confident Ravana had dismissed Lord Rama`s Army as "monkeys and bears" but ended up vanquished.
"When Rama was approaching Lanka, Ravana has asked his men to let him in, saying monkeys and bears could not do anything to him but what happened later was known to all. Same is the case with Congress," Maneka said.
She expressed her displeasure over the hype being created by the Team Anna`s decision.
"Why is there hue and cry over Team Anna`s decision to enter politics...People with clean image should be encouraged to join politics. When such people come in politics, those with bad image could be ousted from it," she said while talking to reporters here.
"The mere indication of Team Anna`s entry has generated a lot of hue and cry as if they have raped," she said.
The MP hoped that those associated with Anna Hazare could change of the face of Parliament.
"In Team Anna, educated and well to do persons are associated and if 150 such people got elected, the face of Parliament would be worth seeing," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing