Team Anna can only suggest not dictate terms: Buta
Moga: Former Union minister Buta Singh
on Tuesday opposed bringing the PM and judiciary under the Lokpal`s
ambit and criticised the attitude of Anna Hazare and his team
over the issue, saying they can only give their suggestions
and not dictate their terms with the government.
"Anna Hazare`s team and civil society could only give
suggestion and not dictation," the ex-chairman of National
Commission for Scheduled Castes told reporters here.
Singh said he did not agree with Hazare and yoga guru
Ramdev`s assertion that the Prime Minister and the higher
judiciary should be brought under the purview of the
He accused Hazare and other civil society members of the
joint committee on Lokpal of wanting to create an authority
outside the system which is accountable to nobody and said
only Lok Sabha has the ultimate power to pass the bill.
Noting that the government cannot allow this to happen in
the world`s biggest democracy, Singh welcomed the Centre`s
decision to take up the issue with all political parties
before finalising the bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Manchester United: Were the Red Devils wrong in sacking Louis van Gaal?
- Dombivali blast: What actually led to fire mishap in chemical factory and what all eyewitnesses saw
- Beyond Leicester City and Premier League: Understanding English Football Pyramid
- Here's how digital space went against Kangana Ranaut
- Links with Dawood Ibrahim: Won't hesitate to act against whosoever found guilty, says Rajnath Singh