Team Anna `conspired` against me: Agnivesh
New Delhi: Activist Swami Agnivesh, a
prominent associate of Anna Hazare, Thursday accused certain members of Team Anna of "conspiring" against him and said
because of this he decided to go his way.
"Why did they circulate the CD (in whih he is purportedly
telling a Union Minister that government need to act tough
with Hazare) on Sunday (August 28) when they had it three days
in advance. The timing was interesting. They released it just
after the fast ended," Agnivesh told reporters.
Asked who all were behind it, he shot back "my colleagues conspired against me. I supported them but they betrayed me... those associated with the movement, who else?."
Terming the circulation of the controversial video as "deliberate", he alleged the "vicious" campaign was to
"destroy" his credibility.
He said Team Anna did not even think it important to talk
to him and find out about the controversial CD where he is
purportedly telling a Union Minister that government need to act tough with the fasting Gandhian.
Agnivesh had earlier claimed the video footage was
"doctored and concocted" and part of a "smear" campaign
against him and denied he was talking to Union Minister Kapil
Arvind Kejriwal, a key member of Team Anna, did not
respond to a request for a reaction to Agnivesh`s comments.
Maintaining that he has not done anything wrong and "if
someone shows me where I have gone wrong, I will apologise to
Anna", Agnivesh said "I have great respect for him."
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes
- WATCH: SHOCKING! Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters mercilessly beat up man for showing black flag