Team Anna `conspired` against me: Agnivesh
New Delhi: Activist Swami Agnivesh, a
prominent associate of Anna Hazare, Thursday accused certain members of Team Anna of "conspiring" against him and said
because of this he decided to go his way.
"Why did they circulate the CD (in whih he is purportedly
telling a Union Minister that government need to act tough
with Hazare) on Sunday (August 28) when they had it three days
in advance. The timing was interesting. They released it just
after the fast ended," Agnivesh told reporters.
Asked who all were behind it, he shot back "my colleagues conspired against me. I supported them but they betrayed me... those associated with the movement, who else?."
Terming the circulation of the controversial video as "deliberate", he alleged the "vicious" campaign was to
"destroy" his credibility.
He said Team Anna did not even think it important to talk
to him and find out about the controversial CD where he is
purportedly telling a Union Minister that government need to act tough with the fasting Gandhian.
Agnivesh had earlier claimed the video footage was
"doctored and concocted" and part of a "smear" campaign
against him and denied he was talking to Union Minister Kapil
Arvind Kejriwal, a key member of Team Anna, did not
respond to a request for a reaction to Agnivesh`s comments.
Maintaining that he has not done anything wrong and "if
someone shows me where I have gone wrong, I will apologise to
Anna", Agnivesh said "I have great respect for him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’