Team Anna denied permission for July 25 stir
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Thursday refused to grant permission to Team Anna for their July 25 indefinite agitation against corruption at the historic Jantar Mantar.
However, Team Anna is defiant and claims that it will go ahead with their proposed agitation starting from July 25.
The Delhi Police have earlier asked Team Anna to cut down the duration of its proposed anti-corruption fast at Jantar Mantar since it had sought permission to sit on fast for 15 days -from July 25 to August 8.
As per sources, the Delhi Police had told them that it cannot give permission for more than a day if they want to protest at Jantar Mantar.
The police said if Anna’s team wanted to sit on an indefinite fast, they must select some other venue.
Also, noted social activist Anna Hazare is not likely to sit on fast due to his health condition.
Jantar Mantar can handle only 5,000 people at one point of time. If India Against Corruption (IAC) wants to hold the protest at Jantar Mantar, they have to leave the area by at least 6 pm,” a senior police officer told reporters earlier.
The police normally take a written undertaking from organisers on the number of protesters, timing, use of loud speakers and security arrangements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley