Team Anna didn’t insult Tricolour: Police to court
New Delhi: Anna Hazare and his team,
accused of insulting the national flag during their anti-graft
protest last August, were on Thursday given clean chit by the
police which told a Delhi court that there "may be instances
of inadvertent disrespect" but "no gross affront to the flag".
"No disrespect to the dignity and hounour of the flag has
been shown or committed by the said persons," the police told
the court in its status report on its probe into the complaint
against Hazare and his team mates.
"There may be instance of inadvertent and unintentional
disrespect towards the displaying of the flag by the persons
but certainly, deliberate and intentional disrespect towards
the national flag by the alleged persons is not established on
the part of the alleged persons from the content of the
complaint," the police told Metropolitan Magistrate Anil Kumar
in its status report.
The report by Kamala Market police station house officer,
who had been ordered by the court to examine the complaint,
said "jubilant display of national flag by a citizen on a
particular event is in universal practice. It depicts
patriotic feelings of the people, which is paramount rather
than any inadvertent disrespect shown to the flag."
"From the content of the complaint, it is clear that the
national flag was not being used for any commercial purpose
nor was there any gross affront or indignity to the flag by
the alleged persons," the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America