Team Anna didn’t insult Tricolour: Police to court
New Delhi: Anna Hazare and his team,
accused of insulting the national flag during their anti-graft
protest last August, were on Thursday given clean chit by the
police which told a Delhi court that there "may be instances
of inadvertent disrespect" but "no gross affront to the flag".
"No disrespect to the dignity and hounour of the flag has
been shown or committed by the said persons," the police told
the court in its status report on its probe into the complaint
against Hazare and his team mates.
"There may be instance of inadvertent and unintentional
disrespect towards the displaying of the flag by the persons
but certainly, deliberate and intentional disrespect towards
the national flag by the alleged persons is not established on
the part of the alleged persons from the content of the
complaint," the police told Metropolitan Magistrate Anil Kumar
in its status report.
The report by Kamala Market police station house officer,
who had been ordered by the court to examine the complaint,
said "jubilant display of national flag by a citizen on a
particular event is in universal practice. It depicts
patriotic feelings of the people, which is paramount rather
than any inadvertent disrespect shown to the flag."
"From the content of the complaint, it is clear that the
national flag was not being used for any commercial purpose
nor was there any gross affront or indignity to the flag by
the alleged persons," the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks