‘Team Anna draft represents masses’ aspirations’
New Delhi: Activist Kiran Bedi on Sunday said
that civil society`s draft of Lokpal Bill represents the
aspirations of a large cross section of people and it was now
up to the "wisdom and foresight" of Parliament how it wishes
to provide for the future of this country.
She said the objective of the bill has been to meet
the prevailing epidemic of corruption and bribery in the
"As one who has been closely associated with Team
Anna, I can say that the civil society draft is representing
aspirations of a large cross section of Indians. There can be,
of course, other voices too.
"It is now open to the wisdom and foresight of Indian
Parliament how it wishes to provide for the future of this
country," Bedi said.
Asked about HRD Minister Kapil Sibal`s remarks that
engaging with Anna Hazare`s team in drafting of the Lokpal
Bill would not set a precedent, she said it was not clear
whose view it was.
"First, it is not known whether it is Sibal`s personal
view or government view or (Congress) party view. Because we
as readers and viewers some of us hear three different
voices. Hence it needs to be cleared," she said.
However, she said it was good to know that Sibal "has
anticipated many changes which are likely to come in the
existing government draft".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics