`Team Anna going political as its agitation failed`
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Sunday said the decision of Team Anna to float a political party only indicates that their "movement against corruption has failed."
Team Anna would not have decided to form a political party had its movement against corruption succeeded, Singh said while welcoming their move and added that anyone has a right to form a political party in the country.
However, it remains to be seen as to what effect the new party will have on Indian politics and to what extent it will be able to influence the people, he quipped.
As far as the Congress party is concerned, it has nothing to fear from Team Anna`s proposed political party, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir