Team Anna hands over files charging PM, others to Sonia`s office
New Delhi: Team Anna on Tuesday handed over the files prepared by them charging Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his 14 Cabinet colleagues with corruption to the office of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
Two volunteers of Team Anna went to Gandhi`s 10-Janpath residence this evening and handed over the files to her staff.
"We have handed over the files to her office," the volunteers Ram and Gopal told reporters.
The move comes a day after Gandhi took on Team Anna saying that their allegations were part of a conspiracy to level "baseless" charges against the Prime Minister, the UPA government and the Congress.
Following her outburst, Anna Hazare said her comments were baseless and they will send the files prepared by them with all proof. "She will understand that her allegations were baseless," Hazare said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 pre-registrations begins from today