Team Anna hands over files charging PM, others to Sonia`s office
New Delhi: Team Anna on Tuesday handed over the files prepared by them charging Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his 14 Cabinet colleagues with corruption to the office of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
Two volunteers of Team Anna went to Gandhi`s 10-Janpath residence this evening and handed over the files to her staff.
"We have handed over the files to her office," the volunteers Ram and Gopal told reporters.
The move comes a day after Gandhi took on Team Anna saying that their allegations were part of a conspiracy to level "baseless" charges against the Prime Minister, the UPA government and the Congress.
Following her outburst, Anna Hazare said her comments were baseless and they will send the files prepared by them with all proof. "She will understand that her allegations were baseless," Hazare said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP