Team Anna has hidden agenda: Narayanasamy
New Delhi: Minister of State in Prime Minister`s Office V Narayanasamy on Friday lashed out at Team Anna, terming the fast at Jantar Mantar in the national capital an attempt to "fool the people".
He said their intentions have been exposed after they "announced launching a political party".
"It is good they told very openly today (Friday) that they are forming a political party. Their intentions are exposed," Narayanasamy said.
"We brought the Lokpal Bill according to our commitment, it is now with the standing committee (of Parliament). We have taken lot of steps. In spite of that, they are agitating because they have an agenda," he said.
"The people who are sitting at hunger strike, they go and take rest in Maharashtra Sadan. They are fooling the people of this country," the minister added.
Narayanasamy`s comments came after Anna Hazare, in an interview to a news channel Friday, said: "If people say that Anna should enter politics, then I could think about it."
He, however, added a quick disclaimer saying: "I will not go into politics but I will give a political alternative to the people. I will not fight in elections. But if anyone fighting against corruption launches a political party, I will support it. I think the people are ready for an honest candidate."
Friday is the third day of Team Anna`s indefinite fast at Jantar Mantar. Team members Arvind Kejriwal, Gopal Rai and Manish Sisodia are sitting on an indefinite fast against corruption and in support of a stringent Jan Lokpal Bill.
Anna Hazare is likely to join the fast on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened