Team Anna has proof of corruption against Pranab?
New Delhi: Team Anna, which has earlier claimed to be possessing documents containing "proof" of corruption against Pranab Mukherjee, is expected to make them public on Wednesday when they begin their indefinite fast for a strong Lokpal Bill also coinciding with the latter’s swearing-in as the President.
Team Anna had earlier termed Pranab’s election to the post of President as ‘unfortunate’ and alleged that his colleagues in the Congress party and the UPA government have deceived the country.
"It is very unfortunate that with so many corruption charges, he (Mukherjee) has been elected president and I personally feel that all those who have supported and backed him have cheated their nation," said key Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal yesterday.
"It would have been better had the investigation against him finished and he found not guilty. Only then he should have been appointed as president and the entire nation would have been proud to have him as president," he added.
"The Prime Minister is corrupt, now we have a corrupt President as well. We will release proof of corruption against Pranab Mukherjee on July 25 during our fast," Kejriwal told reporters.
Kejriwal was speaking at a rally here to drum up support for Team Anna`s indefinite fast at the Jantar Mantar beginning today, saying they are ready for a "fight to finish" and will not be satisfied with mere assurances.
Led by Kejriwal, Shanti Bhushan and Prashant Bhushan, the car and bike rally began from Rajghat and reached Jantar Mantar where they spoke against the UPA government for its alleged inaction in tackling corruption.
Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai will sit on an indefinite fast in the presence of Anna Hazare today demanding setting up of a special panel to probe corruption allegations against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Cabinet colleagues.
In an interview to a TV channel, Kejriwal recently said he expects that a non-Congress, non-BJP people`s front will emerge and Team Anna will back it.
Team Anna has also created a Facebook page `Final War Against Corruption` for the proposed fast at the Jantar Mantar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof