Team Anna hits out at Swami Agnivesh
New Delhi: Maintaining that they were "transparent" in their functioning, Team Anna on Sunday dismissed Swami Agnivesh`s allegations that donations for Anna Hazare`s agitation was siphoned off by Arvind Kejriwal, saying he might be levelling such accusations out of anger.
They said all details regarding their accounts will be put on the website of Public Cause Research Foundation (PCRF), which acted as the secretariat for Hazare`s agitation, by this month-end.
Seeking to downplay allegations levelled against Agnivesh, Team Anna member and Kejriwal`s close associate Manish Sisodia said, "Our accounts are already on the website. We have conducted a special audit for the last six months and
by the month end we are putting the details on the website."
On Agnivesh, he said, "We have no animosity with Swami Agnivesh. He could have said something out of anger. It`s not in our custom to rebut against anything that an elderly says. He is a good person and we all respect him."
Agnivesh has claimed that money collected for Hazare`s agitation was deposited in the trust run by Arvind Kejriwal from which the names of major team members were missing. He had alleged that Kejriwal has siphoned off over Rs 80 lakh.
He claimed that Hazare does not have his name in the PCRF run by Kejriwal.
Asked about his reaction to this allegation, Sisodia said "We have already requested members at the core committee meeting held in Ralegan Siddhi to be trustee of the PCRF and we have invited them."
He said they had announced in the Ramlila Maidan that the donations were being collected in name of PCRF.
He also dismissed as "baseless" allegations that Hazare was upset with the team members.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Oh fresh! You can't afford to miss these pictures from Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover's pooja ceremony
- 7th Pay Commission: New pay scales to put extra burden of Rs 1.02 lakh cr in FY17
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 24: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders — As it happened...
- Panic button issue: Ravi Shankar Prasad to discuss pricing concern with mobile phone makers
- PM Narendra Modi's wax statue unveiled at Madame Tussaud's Museum, London - Watch video