Team Anna may appear again before Par panel
New Delhi: Team Anna could once again appear
before a Parliamentary panel scrutinising the Lokpal Bill and
its various versions.
Chairman of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Law and
Justice and Personnel Abhishek Singhvi told reporters here
that "if time and dates suit, may be next week we could call
This will be Team Anna`s second appearance before the
Committee and first after the Gandhian undertook a 13-day fast
demanding passage of the Lokpal Bill in the recently-concluded
Monsoon session of Parliament.
Soon after the Lokpal Bill was referred to the Committee,
activist Anna Hazare and his associates had deposed before the
Committee where they said the panel should ask the government
to withdraw the Lokpal Bill as it would "encourage
The Jan Lokpal Bill drafted by team Anna was referred to
the Committee by DoPT, while the Government`s Lokpal Bill
introduced in Lok Sabha in August was referred to the panel on
"The Committee is moving in the right direction and in the
right pace. It is considering various issues seriously. By
next week, we`ll have 12-15 meetings. During our meetings so
far, we have interacted with NGOs, various parts of civil
society, CBI and CVC," Singhvi said.
He said almost all organisations would have been covered
"in a symbolic sense" in the coming days.
"After this, the Committee will have confidential
meetings," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'