Team Anna meets Mumbai police over fast plan
Mumbai: Representatives of Team Anna here on Thursday met a top police official to discuss arrangements for the Gandhian`s fast tentatively scheduled to begin from December 27.
"We had a good meeting with the police where we discussed
the arrangements to be made during the fast and about
co-ordination between us and Mumbai police. We hope that in a
day or two, the police would give us permission to hold fast
here," Praful Vora, one of the representatives said.
"May be, they (police) are scared that people may come in
large numbers given that Anna Hazare would be there. However,
we told them that we will make arrangements in such a way
that there will be continuous movement of people and that the
people would not be standing at one place," Vora said after
meeting Deputy Police Commissioner (Zone I) Cherring Dorje.
"But police have responded very positively and I am sure
that they will grant us permission for 30 days," he added.
DCP Dorje was not available for comment.
Yesterday, Mumbai police had received an application from
Team Anna requesting permission for Hazare`s proposed fast
beginning from December 27.
"The application says that Anna Hazare will protest
between December 27 and January 26 at Azad Maidan in South
Mumbai and there would be around 1,000 supporters with him,"
Deputy Police Commissioner (Operations) Manohar Dalvi had
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets