Team Anna member Akhil Gogoi attacked, critical
Guwahati: RTI activist and Team Anna member Akhil Gogoi was attacked and critically injured by suspected youth Congress activists in Assam`s Nalbari district on Friday.
Gogoi, who had gone to Punni village in Dharmapur area of the district to take stock of the flood situation, was allegedly attacked with sticks and other sharp weapons, the police said.
Gogoi filed an FIR at the Nalbari police station alleging that the attack was carried out by six youth Congress activists at the behest of Assam Agriculture and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Nilamani Sen Deka, who represents Dharmapur Assembly constituency.
Gogoi, who is also the Secretary General of Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti (KMSS), received head injuries.
A profusely bleeding Gogoi was admitted to the Nalbari Civil Hospital in a critical condition.
The police have launched an investigation into the incident, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!