Team Anna not against any political party
Jamshedpur: Kiran Bedi on Saturday claimed
that Team Anna was not against any political party, but wanted
the Jan Lokpal Bill passed in the forthcoming Winter Session
Without naming the Congress, she said that the party
which did not support the Jan Lokpal Bill was defeated in the
recently held Hissar by-election.
"We will be forced to launch an agitation if the
government fails to keep its word," the Team Anna member said
delivering a lecture at `Idea Summit` organized by XLRI school
of Business and Human Resources here.
Justifying the demand for the Lokpal bill, she said if
it came into being, even the prime minister would come under
its purview and there would be no need to seek permission of
the government to start investigations.
She also said that corruption was not possible without
the connivance of the bureaucracy.
"No corruption is possible without the connivance of
the IAS, IPS and others," she said referring to former
Jharkhand chief Minister Madhu Koda who is behind bars in the
a money laundering scam.
"I am sure that no money can be withdrawn from the
state treasury without the approval or noting of the
bureaucrats concerned," Bedi said.
Claiming that CBI was not independent and was
controlled by the government, she said non-existence of an
independent investigative agency was one of the reasons for
Bedi said that the Anna Hazare’s anti-corruption
movement was turning into one like the Wall Street movement in
US as people were now more aware.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends