Team Anna, Ramdev two sides of same coin: Kiran Bedi
Chandigarh: Amid reports that Ramdev and Team Anna were not on the same page, Kiran Bedi on Thursday said there were no differences between them and they are "two sides of the same coin, fighting a common goal".
"There are no differences between us...Ramdev is fighting on the issue of black money, while Team Anna is strong on the issue of Janlokpal Bill...Both are two aspects of a coin and we should not look at them separately," she said.
The Team Anna member was talking to reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
"We all, including Arvind Kejriwal, are working together," Bedi said, apparently referring to reports that he had left the venue in a huff after being snubbed by Ramdev for making personal attacks against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and other political leaders.
Kejriwal had abruptly left the Jantar Mantar venue of the joint fast in Delhi by Ramdev and Anna Hazare on June 3 but later clarified that he had moved out as he was unwell.
Bedi said the Prime Minister and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi should act against the "corrupt cabinet ministers" by forming a Special Investigative Team comprising retired judges.
Team Anna had handed over a list of 14 "corrupt cabinet ministers" to the Prime Minister but till date the government has not cleared its stand on the issue, she said.
On the scam in allocation of coal blocks, Bedi said the government should form a special committee to investigate the charges and make its position clear.
"The auction of coal mines had been done to favour few favourite business houses, resulting in huge monetary loss to the exchequer...The issue should be probed by an SIT comprising retired judges, retired police officers and senior journalists," she said.
Bedi said if the probe finds the Prime Minister and other ministers clean, "well and good, but if there are those who have done wrong, they should be punished".
If the government does not take any decision on the issue till July 25, Team Anna would again sit on a countrywide hunger strike. A strategy is being worked out in this regard, she said.
Coinciding with the occasion of Quit India Movement on August 9, Team Anna and Ramdev will take the movement to a new phase to throw out corrupt leaders, Bedi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India