Team Anna, Ramdev two sides of same coin: Kiran Bedi
Chandigarh: Amid reports that Ramdev and Team Anna were not on the same page, Kiran Bedi on Thursday said there were no differences between them and they are "two sides of the same coin, fighting a common goal".
"There are no differences between us...Ramdev is fighting on the issue of black money, while Team Anna is strong on the issue of Janlokpal Bill...Both are two aspects of a coin and we should not look at them separately," she said.
The Team Anna member was talking to reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
"We all, including Arvind Kejriwal, are working together," Bedi said, apparently referring to reports that he had left the venue in a huff after being snubbed by Ramdev for making personal attacks against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and other political leaders.
Kejriwal had abruptly left the Jantar Mantar venue of the joint fast in Delhi by Ramdev and Anna Hazare on June 3 but later clarified that he had moved out as he was unwell.
Bedi said the Prime Minister and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi should act against the "corrupt cabinet ministers" by forming a Special Investigative Team comprising retired judges.
Team Anna had handed over a list of 14 "corrupt cabinet ministers" to the Prime Minister but till date the government has not cleared its stand on the issue, she said.
On the scam in allocation of coal blocks, Bedi said the government should form a special committee to investigate the charges and make its position clear.
"The auction of coal mines had been done to favour few favourite business houses, resulting in huge monetary loss to the exchequer...The issue should be probed by an SIT comprising retired judges, retired police officers and senior journalists," she said.
Bedi said if the probe finds the Prime Minister and other ministers clean, "well and good, but if there are those who have done wrong, they should be punished".
If the government does not take any decision on the issue till July 25, Team Anna would again sit on a countrywide hunger strike. A strategy is being worked out in this regard, she said.
Coinciding with the occasion of Quit India Movement on August 9, Team Anna and Ramdev will take the movement to a new phase to throw out corrupt leaders, Bedi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Rajan finished SMEs to help American MNCs: Swamy
- Bihar Matric Results 2016: BSEB Class 10th Result 2016, www.biharboard.net, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in, Bihar Board 10th Matric Result to be declared on May 29
- Oil slips as $50 level sparks new output fears
- GSK gets EU approval for first gene therapy for children
- US President Barack Obama mourns dead in Hiroshima, calls for world without nuclear arms