Team Anna ran away from anshan: Agnivesh
New Delhi: Former Team Anna member Swami Agnivesh on Friday chided Anna Hazare and his team for abandoning their fast-unto-death midway.
Agnivesh said, “They ran away…I am pained that Anna Hazare, Arvind and others have broken the sanctity of ‘Anshan’ (fast) as a method of protest. Anshan is always used to be the last weapon.”
Terming today as a black day, Agnivesh opined that calling off the anshan and looking at political alternative has hurt the dignity of the fast that was introduced by Mahatama Gandhi.
“They should apologise to the country to have used the sentiments of the country," Agnivesh said.
Swami Agnivesh was sidelined by Team Anna because of their suspicion that he was a "government mole".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore