Team Anna ran away from anshan: Agnivesh
New Delhi: Former Team Anna member Swami Agnivesh on Friday chided Anna Hazare and his team for abandoning their fast-unto-death midway.
Agnivesh said, “They ran away…I am pained that Anna Hazare, Arvind and others have broken the sanctity of ‘Anshan’ (fast) as a method of protest. Anshan is always used to be the last weapon.”
Terming today as a black day, Agnivesh opined that calling off the anshan and looking at political alternative has hurt the dignity of the fast that was introduced by Mahatama Gandhi.
“They should apologise to the country to have used the sentiments of the country," Agnivesh said.
Swami Agnivesh was sidelined by Team Anna because of their suspicion that he was a "government mole".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan