Team Anna ran away from anshan: Agnivesh
New Delhi: Former Team Anna member Swami Agnivesh on Friday chided Anna Hazare and his team for abandoning their fast-unto-death midway.
Agnivesh said, “They ran away…I am pained that Anna Hazare, Arvind and others have broken the sanctity of ‘Anshan’ (fast) as a method of protest. Anshan is always used to be the last weapon.”
Terming today as a black day, Agnivesh opined that calling off the anshan and looking at political alternative has hurt the dignity of the fast that was introduced by Mahatama Gandhi.
“They should apologise to the country to have used the sentiments of the country," Agnivesh said.
Swami Agnivesh was sidelined by Team Anna because of their suspicion that he was a "government mole".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?