Team Anna ran away from anshan: Agnivesh
New Delhi: Former Team Anna member Swami Agnivesh on Friday chided Anna Hazare and his team for abandoning their fast-unto-death midway.
Agnivesh said, “They ran away…I am pained that Anna Hazare, Arvind and others have broken the sanctity of ‘Anshan’ (fast) as a method of protest. Anshan is always used to be the last weapon.”
Terming today as a black day, Agnivesh opined that calling off the anshan and looking at political alternative has hurt the dignity of the fast that was introduced by Mahatama Gandhi.
“They should apologise to the country to have used the sentiments of the country," Agnivesh said.
Swami Agnivesh was sidelined by Team Anna because of their suspicion that he was a "government mole".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof