Team Anna `reaching` out to Par Committee on Lokpal
New Delhi: Team Anna is reaching out to the
members of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Lokpal Bill to
ensure that their concerns are addressed in the
recommendations they will be sending.
Activist Arvind Kejriwal has held meetings with LJP chief
Ram Vilas Paswan, Shailendra Kumar and S Semmalai among others
in the past few days.
Sources said Kejriwal has been urging the members for
including their demand of putting CBI`s anti-corruption wing
as well as all government employees under the ambit of Lokpal.
"Without CBI, Lokpal would be a post office. It will
forward complaints to CBI for investigations and forward CBI`s
report to court. Do we need such a clerical role for Lokpal?
Did lakhs of people come on streets for a jokepal?" Kejriwal
Paswan, who had a meeting with Kejriwal earlier in the
day, told PTI that he has categorically told Team Anna that he
will not support any move to bring the prime minister under
the ambit of Lokpal.
"The prime minister cannot be exposed to competitive
politics. We have a hostile neighbourhood and we cannot have
our prime minister under scanner always," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Congress vs Amitabh Bachchan: Abhishek Bachchan supports father, says Big B not hosting any political event
- Birthday bash! Shah Rukh Khan, Aryan, Navya Naveli turn up at Karan Johar's birthday party – See pics
- It's raining sponsors at Cricket Association of Bengal
- India thump Pakistan to enter final of Asian Snooker team championship
- Tata Steel says yet to shortlist bidder for UK plant