Team Anna `reaching` out to Par Committee on Lokpal
New Delhi: Team Anna is reaching out to the
members of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Lokpal Bill to
ensure that their concerns are addressed in the
recommendations they will be sending.
Activist Arvind Kejriwal has held meetings with LJP chief
Ram Vilas Paswan, Shailendra Kumar and S Semmalai among others
in the past few days.
Sources said Kejriwal has been urging the members for
including their demand of putting CBI`s anti-corruption wing
as well as all government employees under the ambit of Lokpal.
"Without CBI, Lokpal would be a post office. It will
forward complaints to CBI for investigations and forward CBI`s
report to court. Do we need such a clerical role for Lokpal?
Did lakhs of people come on streets for a jokepal?" Kejriwal
Paswan, who had a meeting with Kejriwal earlier in the
day, told PTI that he has categorically told Team Anna that he
will not support any move to bring the prime minister under
the ambit of Lokpal.
"The prime minister cannot be exposed to competitive
politics. We have a hostile neighbourhood and we cannot have
our prime minister under scanner always," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends