Team Anna secures MMRDA ground for fast in Mumbai
Mumbai: Even as the Centre raced against time
to prepare an effective Lokpal bill to place it before
Parliament, Team Anna on Monday secured permission to use a
state government ground for the proposed fast by the
anti-graft campaigner from December 27.
The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority
(MMRDA) has granted permission for using its ground in
Bandra-Kurla complex initially for 15 days, a source in
Anna Hazare`s India Against Corruption, said.
Hazare has threatened to launch a fresh fast if a strong
Lokpal bill is not passed in the current session of
"We have been granted permission by the MMRDA to protest
for 15 days," the source said, adding they would seek
extension if the protest drags on.
D Kawathkar, Joint Project Director (PR), MMRDA, said
Hazare and his team have been granted "in principle" approval
for use of its land for the proposed agitation.
Team Anna would be paying a total of Rs 34,80,000 for 15
days use of the ground, MMRDA sources said.
The ground, admeasuring 30,000 sq mtr, is located in the
G txt block.
The MMRDA would be charging Team Anna Rs 6.40 per sq mtr
per day between December 27 to December 31. The rate would be
revised from January 1, when they will have to pay Rs 8.40 per
sq mtr per day.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents