Team Anna supporters march to India Gate from Jantar Mantar
New Delhi: Moderate to heavy rainfall lashed parts of North India on Saturday bringing respite from the high humidity.
The capital Delhi recorded a maximum temperature of 31.8 degrees celsius and a minimum of 27.9 degrees celsius. A light drizzle was reported from some parts.
The Met department has predicted one or two spells of rain tomorrow.
Parts of Uttar Pradesh also received moderate to heavy rainfall at a few places as the monsoon remained active over the state.
Rainfall was recorded in Hasanpur, Bidhuna, Nagina, Banda, Mirzapur, Varanasi, Pilibhit, Bijnor, Chanduli, Akbarpur, Kaimganj, Dhampur, Etah, Agra and Sahaswan.
Moderate to rather heavy rain and thundershowers would occur at many places in western UP and at a few places over eastern region of the state, the Met office has predicted.
Three persons, including two children, were killed in the state after being hit by lightning yesterday.
Two children were killed when lightning struck them in Meetapur village in Chopan area of Sonbhadra district yesterday.
In Farukkhabad, a man died in lightning at Sikandarpur village in Shamshabad area, they said.
According to the Met office, monsoon has been normal over Western UP.
Rajasthan received moderate rainfall in several parts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- India responds to Pakistan's offer for talks, says will discuss only cross-border terror
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: This man doesn't give a damn to traffic rules, threatens people on Noida roads; his car has VIP horn - WATCH
- Mercedes GLE 400 4MATIC petrol variant launched in India at Rs 74.9 lakh
- Attention parents! Childhood head injury may up mental illness, mortality risk
- My mom gets worried about controversies: Sonakshi Sinha