Team Anna supporters march to India Gate from Jantar Mantar
New Delhi: Moderate to heavy rainfall lashed parts of North India on Saturday bringing respite from the high humidity.
The capital Delhi recorded a maximum temperature of 31.8 degrees celsius and a minimum of 27.9 degrees celsius. A light drizzle was reported from some parts.
The Met department has predicted one or two spells of rain tomorrow.
Parts of Uttar Pradesh also received moderate to heavy rainfall at a few places as the monsoon remained active over the state.
Rainfall was recorded in Hasanpur, Bidhuna, Nagina, Banda, Mirzapur, Varanasi, Pilibhit, Bijnor, Chanduli, Akbarpur, Kaimganj, Dhampur, Etah, Agra and Sahaswan.
Moderate to rather heavy rain and thundershowers would occur at many places in western UP and at a few places over eastern region of the state, the Met office has predicted.
Three persons, including two children, were killed in the state after being hit by lightning yesterday.
Two children were killed when lightning struck them in Meetapur village in Chopan area of Sonbhadra district yesterday.
In Farukkhabad, a man died in lightning at Sikandarpur village in Shamshabad area, they said.
According to the Met office, monsoon has been normal over Western UP.
Rajasthan received moderate rainfall in several parts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed