Team Anna supporters march to India Gate from Jantar Mantar
New Delhi: Moderate to heavy rainfall lashed parts of North India on Saturday bringing respite from the high humidity.
The capital Delhi recorded a maximum temperature of 31.8 degrees celsius and a minimum of 27.9 degrees celsius. A light drizzle was reported from some parts.
The Met department has predicted one or two spells of rain tomorrow.
Parts of Uttar Pradesh also received moderate to heavy rainfall at a few places as the monsoon remained active over the state.
Rainfall was recorded in Hasanpur, Bidhuna, Nagina, Banda, Mirzapur, Varanasi, Pilibhit, Bijnor, Chanduli, Akbarpur, Kaimganj, Dhampur, Etah, Agra and Sahaswan.
Moderate to rather heavy rain and thundershowers would occur at many places in western UP and at a few places over eastern region of the state, the Met office has predicted.
Three persons, including two children, were killed in the state after being hit by lightning yesterday.
Two children were killed when lightning struck them in Meetapur village in Chopan area of Sonbhadra district yesterday.
In Farukkhabad, a man died in lightning at Sikandarpur village in Shamshabad area, they said.
According to the Met office, monsoon has been normal over Western UP.
Rajasthan received moderate rainfall in several parts.
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment
- Indian Premier League: Here's what original mystery spinner Paul Adams said about Shivil Kaushik!
- 'Deal between PM Modi and Italy to fix Sonia Gandhi': BJP moves privilege motion against Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Nine Taliban militants killed in IED blast in Afghanistan's Badakhshan province
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! When Australian all-rounder James Faulkner turned Gujarati for a day