Team Anna takes stock of Ramlila preparations
New Delhi: Prominent members of Team Anna, Arvind Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia took stock of the preparations at the Ramlila ground Friday ahead of Anna Hazare’s proposed fast demanding a strong Lokpal bill.
Talking to media after the inspection, Arvind Kejriwal said, “The basic preparations are in place. Tents have been erected and if the number of people swells then they will be accommodated.”
He further added that the basic facilities for Anna are in place right behind the stage so that he doesn’t have to step down every time.
Regarding his association with Anna, Kejriwal said, “I am a soldier of Anna Hazare. I do whatever he tells me to.”
Answering a question about the participation of political leaders, Arvind said, “All the leaders from all the political parties are welcome but anybody from the political spectrum will not be allowed on stage.”
Meanwhile, with public support pouring in from every nook and corner of the country, the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) is also putting its best effort in preparing the Ramlila Maidan for veteran Gandhian’s agitation.
Delhi deputy Mayor, Anil Sharma, confirmed that preparations are in full swing and the cleanup operation at the Ramlila Ground is being carried at a fast pace.
Sharma told reporters, “The employees of MCD are putting their best effort to ensure the grounds are ready. It has been raining for the past three days so there is lot of water inside the ground and the land has become marshy.”
Interestingly, Sharma, on a personal note, said that MCD does not want to lag behind at a time when the entire nation is contributing in one way or another to Anna’s agitation, adding that MCD will make best efforts to ensure the success of the Anna’s movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark