Team Anna targeting Congress not correct: Hegde
Bangalore: Team Anna member Santosh Hegde
Monday Hazare`s anti-Congress stance in the Hisar
bypolls, saying campaigning against a political party is not correct.
Speaking to reporters here, the former Supreme Court judge said every political party has "good and honest people" and targeting an outfit as a whole is not correct. He said he is opposed to such an idea (campaigning against a party).
"The (use of) word Congress is wrong according to me. But
to campaign against a corrupt person or group of persons (is
fine) -- not a party....certainly not a party...because every
party has good people..honest people," the former Karnataka
Hazare has appealed to the electorate in Hisar not to
vote for Congress and other parties who have not given letters
assuring their support to Jan Lokpal Bill.
Hegde also expressed the view that Team Anna jumping into
the electioneering scene in Hisar would not ipso facto
undermine the credibility of the anti-graft movement of Hazare
whose agitation has brought the corruption issue to centrestage.
"I think it would have been better if they had not
mentioned a political party`s name," said Hegde, whose report
on illegal mining cost B S Yeddyurappa his chief ministerial
chair in July.
On Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal`s statement that
Congress is playing politics and trying to crush the movement,
Hegde said he would not name any political party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price