Team Anna targeting Congress not correct: Hegde
Bangalore: Team Anna member Santosh Hegde
Monday Hazare`s anti-Congress stance in the Hisar
bypolls, saying campaigning against a political party is not correct.
Speaking to reporters here, the former Supreme Court judge said every political party has "good and honest people" and targeting an outfit as a whole is not correct. He said he is opposed to such an idea (campaigning against a party).
"The (use of) word Congress is wrong according to me. But
to campaign against a corrupt person or group of persons (is
fine) -- not a party....certainly not a party...because every
party has good people..honest people," the former Karnataka
Hazare has appealed to the electorate in Hisar not to
vote for Congress and other parties who have not given letters
assuring their support to Jan Lokpal Bill.
Hegde also expressed the view that Team Anna jumping into
the electioneering scene in Hisar would not ipso facto
undermine the credibility of the anti-graft movement of Hazare
whose agitation has brought the corruption issue to centrestage.
"I think it would have been better if they had not
mentioned a political party`s name," said Hegde, whose report
on illegal mining cost B S Yeddyurappa his chief ministerial
chair in July.
On Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal`s statement that
Congress is playing politics and trying to crush the movement,
Hegde said he would not name any political party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur