Team Anna targeting Congress not correct: Hegde
Bangalore: Team Anna member Santosh Hegde
Monday Hazare`s anti-Congress stance in the Hisar
bypolls, saying campaigning against a political party is not correct.
Speaking to reporters here, the former Supreme Court judge said every political party has "good and honest people" and targeting an outfit as a whole is not correct. He said he is opposed to such an idea (campaigning against a party).
"The (use of) word Congress is wrong according to me. But
to campaign against a corrupt person or group of persons (is
fine) -- not a party....certainly not a party...because every
party has good people..honest people," the former Karnataka
Hazare has appealed to the electorate in Hisar not to
vote for Congress and other parties who have not given letters
assuring their support to Jan Lokpal Bill.
Hegde also expressed the view that Team Anna jumping into
the electioneering scene in Hisar would not ipso facto
undermine the credibility of the anti-graft movement of Hazare
whose agitation has brought the corruption issue to centrestage.
"I think it would have been better if they had not
mentioned a political party`s name," said Hegde, whose report
on illegal mining cost B S Yeddyurappa his chief ministerial
chair in July.
On Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal`s statement that
Congress is playing politics and trying to crush the movement,
Hegde said he would not name any political party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Italy cites UN arbitration court, says India should release Italian marine
- Indian Premier League: Crisis-hit Rising Pune Supergiants sign former Kings XI Punjab skipper George Bailey
- Watch: Sushmita Sen delivers a wonderful speech at daughters' school event!
- I have no PM ambitions, united alliance is the need of the hour: Nitish Kumar
- Core sector expands to a 16-month high of 6.4% in March