Team Anna to hit the campaign trail on Jan 21
New Delhi: Team Anna on Monday unveiled its
campaign plans for the Assembly polls in five states starting
with Uttarakhand on January 21 and spending a major part of
February in Uttar Pradesh but will not ask people to vote in
favour or against any particular party.
However, they will not target a single party during the
campaign but put forward the need for a strong Lokpal.
"During these tours, the response of various parties to
the movement and their stand on Lokpal Bill would be told to
the people. People would be encouraged to ask all parties
whether they would bring a strong Lokayukta Bill.
"The movement would not ask people to vote in favour or
against any particular party. It would be left to their
wisdom," Team Anna spokesperson said.
The first state Team Anna would visit is Uttarakhand,
where they would tour for three days till January 23 followed
by Punjab for two days on January 24 and January 25.
After this they will return to Uttarakhand on January 27
and January 28.
"The month of February has been primarily dedicated to
Uttar Pradesh elections, which Team Anna would visit from
February 2nd till February 25," a Team Anna spokesperson said.
The tour program would coincide with the different phases
of election in UP.
On February 28, 29 and March one, the campaign will be in
"The nitty-gritties of the visit like the cities which
Team Anna would visit, the members visiting the rallies, etc
are yet to be finalized. The campaign meetings in different
cities are being organized by small committees that are being
formed especially for this purpose," the spokesperson said.
Team Anna had faced criticism for its anti-Congress stand
earlier and it revised its stand early this month after a meak
response to Anna Hazare`s protest in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?